Sunday, April 27, 2014

Nauvoo

On the weekend of February 13, we went to Nauvoo, Illinois to show the boys the church historical sites there.  It was so nice to be able to experience Nauvoo in the winter.  I can't even describe how beautiful it was there.  Dave and I had been there for the Open House about 13 years earlier, but that was in the Summer.  Because of the weather, there was almost no one else there.  The missionaries are all seniors during the Winter months, and they were so excited to have people stop by.  We were the only ones at every tour we took.  It was nice to have one-on-one attention.  We even got to go for a ride in a sleigh pulled by horses.  It was extremely cold but so incredibly beautiful.  I am so grateful we got to experience this in the Winter.  I only wish you could see just how beautiful it was with these pictures and that you could experience the Spirit that was there knowing that it was around the exact same time of year when the Church members had to leave even though it was so cold.  It was such a humbling, spiritual experience.  Zack and Tanner really enjoyed it.  I hope that we get to go back before we move back to Utah.







1 comment:

Julie said...

I didn't know you did this. What an experience! I've still never been there.