Sunday, May 27, 2012

Funny things Tanner Says

Today in church, my family gave talks.  I had written Tanner's talk, and I asked him to practice reading it to me.  He started reading. . .

"I am excited to receive the priesthood like my dad and my brothers.  I know that I need to make good choices. . . "  He stopped and said, "Hey who wrote this?  I told him I did, and he said, "you're telling everybody that I make bad choices?"  I tried to explain to him that I wasn't telling everyone he makes bad choices, but that I was trying to say that in order to hold the priesthood, you needed to make good choices.  After much discussion, he continued reading his talk.  I need to go to Church, be reverent and respectful, learn all I can about the Priesthood and about the church, listen to my parents and church leaders, keep my language and thoughts clean . . . He then looked up again and said "You're telling everybody that I have bad language?"  We continued to try to convince him that these were things everyone had to work on in order to  be worthy of the priesthood.  I don't think he was convinced.  Maybe he has some things to work on . . . ???

3 comments:

Claudine Cable said...

I absolutely love that you are doing this. It makes me feel more a part of your family -- and Tanner will always be interesting.

Ciera said...

ha ha ha I love my little brother. So literal.

Kristen said...

I am so glad that I found your blog just so that I could read that story. He never fails to make me laugh :)