Sunday, December 16, 2012

Foster Adoption Carnival

 We attended the Rolla Annual Foster Adoption Carnival.  Children who are available for adoption attend the carnival every year with the public invited to come meet them to see if they might be a good fit for their family.  We decided to attend because of Zack and Tanner being adopted by us as foster parents.  I was curious how this would work.  It was well organized, and there were about 10 children ages 5-17 there.  They were with a "buddy' from the Missouri S&T University Sororities and Fraternities.  They seemed to be having a good time.  The sororities and fraternities were amazing and came up with some very fun games for everyone.  Zack and Tanner had a really great time.  I asked Zack if he thought it would be sad to have gone to one of these when he was 8 and open for adoption.  He said it was fun, but it would be sad if no one chose you.  I thought so too.  I guess it is pretty successful though.  I suppose if even one child is adopted, it is a success.   We didn't adopt any more children :-)  But I was tempted ;-)



It helps if you stick out your tongue . . .


Again with the tongue . . .




And more tongue . . .



I think they both enjoyed this game a little too much :-)


1 comment:

Ciera said...

These pictures made my laugh. I love those boys so much.